I’m so happy ‘coz finally, I’ve successfully installed Adobe Photoshop CS4 on my laptop.
Here’s my current setup:
Laptop Model: Toshiba Satellite M100
OS: Windows Vista Home Basic (32bit)
- Installation Successful (but with errors, you know what I mean haha)
- Upon execution, Photoshop will display an error saying “Some of the application components are missing from the application directory, Please reinstall the application”
- Program will terminate after that.
- Even you reinstall photoshop and other components, you will receive the same bugging error every time you try to run Adobe Photoshop.
Here’s what I did, I had actually done several steps, though I can’t identify which of them actually causes the problem, nevertheless, I made it worked lol! . Make sure that you are not connected to the internet upon doing this for you will going to disable some applications that will put your system on risk.
- If you will check the details of the error after the setup, you will see some error related to “language” something. I made sure that my system is using “ENGLISH (US)” language. This can be set on Control Panel -> Regional and Language options
- Disable or stop “Bonjour” service (not required if the said service does not exists) . Go to Control Panel -> Admistrative Tools -> Services -> Bonjour Service then click stop. (Got this suggestion on some forum, I really forgot where for I was in the office when I saw this)
- Disable your Firewall or Internet Security Software
- If you already installed Adobe Photoshop CS4, uninstall and reinstall. Make sure to choose “ENGLISH (US)” as your prefered language.
- Installation should be successful (without errors)
- Enable everything and connect to the internet to activate Photoshop
Note: Language settings is not necessarily required to be english (US), just make sure you’ll use the same language as defined on your Language settings
Hope this helps
Disclamer: Try the above proposed solution at your own risk lol. This worked for me and I am thinking this might work for you too